question

leverg avatar image
leverg asked

GX Tank 140 parallel with analog gauges

gx140.jpgHi Community.

I would like to know if it,s possible to use a tank GX 140 in combination with analog tank gauges in this case from Wema.

See schematic below.

cerbo gx
gx140.jpg (114.7 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

misssaigon avatar image misssaigon commented ·
Just considering going along this route and would like feedback on your experience. I have WEMA tanks sensors (2 water, 2 fuel) and currently running these to analogue gauges. Considering installing a Cerbo GX and would like to connect tank levels but not at the expense of losing the gauge read outs, which are visible from the boat steering station. The Cerbo GX won't be.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas misssaigon commented ·
When wiring resistance type gauges in parallel, you either need to install a toggle switch to enable only one gauge at a time, or you need to install a converter module for each gauge being connected.
0 Likes 0 ·
misssaigon avatar image misssaigon derrick thomas commented ·
Many thanks Derrick, appreciate your prompt reply. Not sure if I explained my problem correctly. I have 4 level sensors (WEMA) currently connected to 4 gauges. I wish to connect them to the Cerbo GX ie 4 I/O level sensor connections. Can I do this in parallel as suggested by the original post?
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell misssaigon commented ·
You can only do this with voltage output gauges if you want both the GX140 and the analogue gauge to work at the same time. 0-24mA current or resistance senders will not work, as has been said elsewhere. If you need more advice provide some information on your WEMA senders.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas pwfarnell commented ·
As I stated before, you CAN install parallel gauges for resistance type sensors if you use converter modules for each gauge. Takes a little setup but it works well.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

This sensor seems to be a resistor based one (0-190Ohm) and can be connected directly to a Cerbo.

The GX tank 140 is for sensors with 0-10V or 4-20mA.

But I can't say if a parallel connected gauge will influence the reading.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.