question

buha avatar image
buha asked

Is any Victron charger really quiet?

Hi

I have just installed a brand new EasyPlus 12/1600.
So far it hasn't had to do any hard work (battery is full, inverter off) but the thing is making an annoying buzzing noise (its no fan noise) when keeping the battery charged. Same as described here (last paragraph of last message by Jesse): https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/61896/view.html

The noise changes a bit with changes in the SOC (and sometimes without), but is always audible. Unfortunately, this is not tolerable in the area it is installed in. From what I have now read this seems to be normal (if unexpected by me).

So my question is: Is there any Victron charger that is really quiet (and stays quiet) so that it could be installed in a bedroom?

Thanks,

b

EasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

I haven’t heard any noise from my IP65 charger.
They are available up to 25A for 12v.

If you ask your local dealer they might have a few chargers working ‘out the back’ that you could see working to make sure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic