question

eh-solar avatar image
eh-solar asked

EasySolar 48/3000/35 with low battery and temperature LED

Dear Community,

my inverter is placed in Rwanda, working since 3 years without any problems.

The inverter was most used as a pure voltage supply, somtimes as standby voltage supply and also in charge only mode. The average permanent load was about 500W. The airtemperature in the technic room is between 20 and 25°C (day and night). The public grid is not very stable: voltage and frequency has bad performance.

Last week low temperature LED goes on, inverter stopped working, we checked the batteries but they where fully charged (we measured the open circuit voltage and voltage under load); we disconnected all cables as a kind of HW reset, we reconnected all cables and the inverter was starting again in status inverter ON. After 4 to 5 hours the temperature LED comes to ON and inverter stopped working. Until now we tried some cases to restart, but it is not working anymore.

Who can support or had a similar problem.

Thank you

Erwin

EasyPlus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Do you have the “temp sense” sensor connected to the battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
eh-solar avatar image
eh-solar answered ·

first we didn't use it becaus of we were sure having no high temperature. now we connected it but there are no changes in status.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @eh-solar

The only thing I can think you can check for yourself in the unit is if the temperature sense wire(s) coming from the transformer are connected properly to the main board, if that is not the problem your only option is to go to the distributor for a repair.

0 Likes 0 ·
eh-solar avatar image eh-solar Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Dear Daniel, thank you for your answer. In Rwanda there is an official Victron dealer. I bought the inverter in Austria. Do you think an engeneer in Rwanda can help? Maybe a software update? Are such costs covered by warrenty?

By the way: we don't used the temp sensor , I thought there is no need becaus of low temp

Greetings

Erwin

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ eh-solar commented ·

If you use lead-acid batteries, I strongly advice to use the temperature sensor.

Best to contact your nearest dealer then and ask if they are willing to help you.

0 Likes 0 ·
eh-solar avatar image eh-solar Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

ok, thank you. I will try to get into contact with the dealer.

And, we already fixed the sensor.

greetings

Erwin

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic