question

David avatar image
David asked

Multiple Generator Stop Start Conditions

Looking to (hopefully) confirm how I think the Generator Stop/Start conditions operarate ...

I am using Relay 1 on a Cerbo to control a "generator". It is not actually a generator, but an SSR to enable/disable the AC feed to a Fridge & Water Heater (and "enabling" the Generator disables the AC feed, so have to think backwards on this settings)

Currently I use the Battery SOC settings to enable/disable this and this works well.

1620725016878.png

When running, the Fridge and Water Heater (combined 1000W potential load) are powered by an EasyPlus 12/1600 which is fine, but if I turn on another high power AC device such as a Microwave or an Induction Hob, I will exceed the EasyPlus 1300W power.

I have the "Inverter overload" enabled, but as I have not overloaded the Inverter as of yet, I don't know how that would operate in practice on the system.

I would like to be able to use one/some of the other condition options to start and stop the generator to order to automatically and cleanly disconnect the AC Feed to the Fridge & Water Heater (reducing the inverter load and thus freeing up power for the other devices when I used them)

So the question.... (and apolgies - ended up being quite long-winded as I try to explain what I am asking :( )

If I enable for example the "AC load" condition, and the load exceeds the setting, the "generator" will turn on. Or if I enable the "Battery current" condition, and exceed the current, the "generator" will turn on. So ANY condition is met, the generator turns ON.

But for the generator to turn OFF again, do ALL conditions have to be cleared?

In my setup I would like the following to happen:

1. Goes ON when SOC is below 60% and OFF again when SOC reaches 80%
    1620727592072.png
    This works great.
  2. I want to add on this condition:
    1620727578833.png
    So if power exceed 1200W (which it will if Fridge, Water Heater and Microwave are all on), the Generator starts and power to Fridge and Heater are cut.
    And then when the Microwave turns off, the AC load drops right back and the Condition is no longer true and the "Generator" is off again, allowing the fridge to run again now there is spare inverter capacity (as long as the battery didn't drop below 60% in the process).

But to confirm.

The generator STARTS as long as:

1. the SOC is below 60% OR
  2. the power is higher than 1200W

But does the generator stays STARTED until ALL previous conditions that caused it to START are cleared?

i.e. If the Power rose above 1200W, it Starts. and when that drops below 690W, it Stops (but only if there are no other conditions e.g. SOC is below 60%)

It doesn't check that all other Stop conditions are met as well? Does it only check for a reset of the status of the specific condition that caused the Start command?

This is important as if I have a 20% SOC difference in the Start (60%) and Stop (80%) values.

If the current SOC is 70% (so "generator" is off) and there is a high AC load that tells the "generator" to start, and that condition is cleared after a few minutes, will I have to also wait for the SOC to reach 80% as well for the "generator" to stop?

cerbo gx
1620726013543.png (40.5 KiB)
1620726082162.png (46.6 KiB)
1620727578833.png (46.6 KiB)
1620727592072.png (40.5 KiB)
1620725016878.png (35.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers