question

konny avatar image
konny asked

EasySolar II + 4xPylontech US2000C : Battery full charged but not used when PV is off (during night)

Hello,

My configuration:

I have a new system:

- EasySolar II GX (48/3000/35-32 MPPT 250/70)

- 4xPylontech US2000C via CAN-BMS-cable to VE.can

- 8xPV-Panels Longi LR4-72HIH-445M (4 in series, 24 in parallel)

and all already installed & configured the system according this description:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

My target:

I want to use the system as an island-PV, just in case PV is off during night and battery is empty the EasySolar should provide the power for ACout from AC input.

My Problem:

MPPT is working and have already charged batteries full, but when in the night PV is off, the EasySolar does take the power from ACin to my ACout and not from the full batteries to drive the inverter.

Questions:

What settings in GX or VE.config (via MK3-USB) should I do to get battery used for inverter to generate my ACoutput power ?

What setting do I need that only in case battery is empty and PV is off the ACinput should be used ?

Many thanks to you!

Konny

P.S.: I can also share my current config settings via vsc-file if needed!

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
janvd avatar image
janvd answered ·

I think that you can find an answer when you search for "ESS", Energy Self Storage. Victron has a manual which describes the possible settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

konny avatar image
konny answered ·

Thank you janvd, I have already found the problem: I have had to activate the Virtual switch "ignore AC intput dedicated", then it works.

But does anybody know if I also can set the time when virtual sswitch should be active and when not - is this maybe possible in ESS Assistand ?

2 |3000