question

Zdravko Vugrinec avatar image
Zdravko Vugrinec asked

VE.Bus Error: VE.Bus Error 18: AC Overvoltage on the output of a slave has occurred while already switched off

We have set up two Multis 48/3000/16/35 in paralel w BYD premium battery W BYD BMS 15,4kWh/48V AC coupled w Fronius Primo 8,2, w limited AC power output to 4800W PV field is 9000W but w limited AC output on Fronius Primo.. All firmware is up to date, cabels same lenght, Fronius is set as MG50, and we have Maste and slave unit. Also we have 3 pv panels 300W as back up on Smart MPPT charger connected to Cerbo.

It is off grid system set up at island in Adriatic, we have system up and running but we have every day alarms from 1 to 10 ( VE.Bus Error: VE.Bus Error 18: AC Overvoltage on the output of a slave has occurred while already switched off) . The system is up on VRM, but we cannot find the answer what to do.

Load is at the moment up to a 100W. We have Cerbo GX w touch screen and it is operational at VRM.

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Zdravko Vugrinec avatar image
Zdravko Vugrinec answered ·

Everything solved by fine tunning done by Victron expert mr Popescu. Lowering the max charging voltage on BYD, and rising frequency shift higher for Fronius did the trick. Works perfectly since then.

Thank you very much mr Lucian Popescu.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Des Tan avatar image Des Tan commented ·

Zdravko Vugrinec, I need help to fine-tune what you did. Can you provide me with details as to how you adjust the BYD settings and frequency setting range?

0 Likes 0 ·
iwan avatar image
iwan answered ·

Hi Zdravko, I have a similar issue, can you please give us some more information about your solution?

2 |3000

Related Resources