question

jobiespal avatar image
jobiespal asked

Very simple question - Lithium setting on controller

I just swapped out my 12v lead acid battery for a 12v 100ah Lithium. I'm not seeing on the victron connect set up for my mppt 100/30 controller where i would make the change. The only thing i see regarding rotary settings seem to be AGM/Gel so I'm confused. Will the controller automatically recognize the new battery type?

MPPT ControllersLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jobiespal,

there is not auto recognition for your new battery.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Open VictronConnect

2. Go into your MPPT settings. Click on the wheel in the upper right corner.

3. Click on battery.

4. Make your settings for the battery in accordance with the battery manufacturer or

5. Click on Battery preset and then Select preset and choose Lithium Iron Phosphate from the list, which will give you a default preset. This should work for most of LiFePO4 batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jobiespal avatar image
jobiespal answered ·

When I click on battery it only gives 12v or 24v option. under battery presets there is no LiFePO4 option. The only options are 1)agm spiral 2) gel deep discharge 1 3)gel deep discharge 2 4) gel long life OPzV

1 comment
2 |3000

jobiespal avatar image jobiespal commented ·

disregard...it looks like there is a scroll down which has the lithium option

0 Likes 0 ·