question

svaeolus avatar image
svaeolus asked

Cerbo GX analog inputs vanished

My Cerbo GX now shows no analog inputs. I had two temperature sensors working great up through yesterday.

Yesterday I cut the cables on both the temp sensors and spliced in an additional 2 feet of new AWG 14 cable. When I hooked it all back up it was working.

I did make one other change yesterday, which was to install a VE CAN to NMEA 2000 cable. It is working fine.

Today the temp sensors are not recognized and in fact there is a completely blank page under Settings / IO / Analog inputs. No temp sensors, no tank sensors, nothing at all (no entries with the usual "disconnected" state).

I've gone through several reboots, pulling/restoring power, removing/reinstalling the temp sensor terminal block, with no change. Also updated to firmware 2.66...and tried reverting to 2.63 as well. And I tried rebooting it with everything disconnected except the touchscreen, same result, no analog inputs.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there recovery steps to restore the analog sensors?

I didn't see a factory reset option on the Cerbo. Is it hidden somewhere, or does putting it in Demo mode achieve this same result?

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Yes the raspi units has same issue with a blank Settings IO Analog Inputs setting page?

It has being like that for the last few revisions up till 2.66 and also the Ver 2.70.15.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
svaeolus avatar image
svaeolus answered ·

Just closing this out with the final outcome which was that the unit is defective and was replaced under warranty. Took over three weeks to get it pushed through with followup almost daily with the local Victron sales rep and the local dealer, but Victron finally agreed that yes, it had malfunctioned and the dealer swapped units for a new one.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pilotmarcus avatar image
pilotmarcus answered ·

I have the same problem, two tank sensors connected and temp. No analog input. The only thing I added recently is a bluetooth temp sensor. All other inputs work.

How can I find out if the unit is defective?

regards,

Marcus

2 |3000