question

dockthis avatar image
dockthis asked

Multiplus 12/3000 low Bulk charge voltage and amps

My Multiplus is limited to 13.39 volts while in Bulk and Amps are limited to around 14 or so with the batteries at 85% charge. I just started the multiplus so it has not been in Bulk but just a few minutes. It did go to 115 amps current for a short time then cut back to the 14 or so quickly.

I have 500 Ah LiFePo4 batteries and the the multiplus is set to 14.5 volts Absorption and 13.6 volts float. It is set to 30 amp input current and 120 amp charge current. I used the Victron Connect app to program which I don't believe has an assistant option to check.

Why is Bulk voltage lower than Float voltage? This is barley the resting voltage of the batteries.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Dockthis

What betteries are you using? Do they need an assistant? Did you check the enable battery monitor? And what settings did you use there?

The battery amps charge may be dropping if you are using the inverter at the same time as you have limited on your input limit so it will be charging at whatever is left of the 30A.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
dockthis avatar image
dockthis answered ·

Figured it out. I made changes to the Charger output settings in Victron Connect with my laptop. I "Ass"umed those changes would be saved and transfered to the color GX when it was reconnected. This does not happen. The color GX overwrites the Victron Connect changes when it is reconnected. It had been set at 15 Amps max output. I changed back to 120 Amps in my laptop but the Color GX just defaulted back to 15 Amps when it was reconnected.

I would think the application required to gain access to all initial progaming settings would be the best source to make future setting changes and to take priority in saving those changes but this did not happen in this case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.