question

victronlfs avatar image
victronlfs asked

Anyone Connect a LED/Buzzer to Battery Protect?

It appears you can't just post a general share, instead you have to ask a question that others may or may not answer. So I'm posting my question and will turn around and answer it.

Ok, has anyone connected a LED/Buzzer to their Battery Protect?

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
victronlfs avatar image
victronlfs answered ·

For some reason, I had a hard time figuring this out. I read the manual, looked at the pictures, but the mental light bulb just didn't turn on for me (nor did the external alarm). Eventually I figured it out.

Here are pictures that show how I connected my SmartShunt & Battery Protect. Maybe this will help someone else.

batteryprotect1.jpg

Everything Connected, but no load.

batteryprotect2.jpg

Load Turned On

batteryprotect3.jpg

LED Alarm On/Buzzer buzzing

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

What exactly was your problem?

Your setup looks exactly like the manual shows.

I don't see anything wrong/confusing in the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-w avatar image paul-w commented ·

I fitted a buzzer to my Battery Protect, very simple to do as show in the setup video.

0 Likes 0 ·
victronlfs avatar image victronlfs paul-w commented ·

Which setup video? I watched a number of videos & didn't find one showing how to connect a LED/Buzzer.

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-w avatar image paul-w victronlfs commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
mike4nl avatar image mike4nl commented ·

Wait a moment. The manual for the BP-65/100/200 tells a different story about the LED/Alarm output. When i see you hardware the LED is connected to the LOAD side of the BP. The manual show different. Please clear THIS.

led-am-alarm-ausgang.png

0 Likes 0 ·