question

crm avatar image

IP67 charger firmware update failed

I attempted to update the firmware on my IP67 charger and the update failed. Now, the charger won't turn on. I have tried unplugging it from the mains and disconnecting the battery but it still won't power up. Is there any options before returning it?

Firmware Update Issue
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
piet-hein-van-asselen avatar image
piet-hein-van-asselen answered ·

Same probleme here for 2 times. It seems to be a problem with the New update. It happend on 3 different chargers, with 2 different Phones.

Problemen was automatically solved after a few tries. The problemen with updating is if you try to install an update, it will first delete old filmwereld, so if the update fails, the charger want work anymore while it has no firmware installed anymore.

So maybe try a few times more?

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Unfortunately the charger does not appear in the Victron Connect app. I will see if another device can see it.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

When you connect again with VictronConnect it should report that there is an update and you can retry the update.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment

The charger does not power on, and hence won't connect to VictronConnect.