question

crm avatar image
crm asked

IP67 charger firmware update failed

I attempted to update the firmware on my IP67 charger and the update failed. Now, the charger won't turn on. I have tried unplugging it from the mains and disconnecting the battery but it still won't power up. Is there any options before returning it?

firmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

genej avatar image genej commented ·
Did this issue ever get resolved? I tried the firmware update today and my charger won't turn on now. I bought my charger earlier this year on Amazon from the Victron Energy Store but there seems to be no way to contact them! Any help in how you got this resolved will be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

When you connect again with VictronConnect it should report that there is an update and you can retry the update.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crm avatar image crm commented ·

The charger does not power on, and hence won't connect to VictronConnect.

0 Likes 0 ·
piet-hein-van-asselen avatar image
piet-hein-van-asselen answered ·

Same probleme here for 2 times. It seems to be a problem with the New update. It happend on 3 different chargers, with 2 different Phones.

Problemen was automatically solved after a few tries. The problemen with updating is if you try to install an update, it will first delete old filmwereld, so if the update fails, the charger want work anymore while it has no firmware installed anymore.

So maybe try a few times more?

1 comment
2 |3000

crm avatar image crm commented ·

Unfortunately the charger does not appear in the Victron Connect app. I will see if another device can see it.

0 Likes 0 ·
jaapg avatar image
jaapg answered ·

I have the same is, after trying to upgrade last night. Charger is completely down, not possible to make a connection with any device. Looks familiar as mentioned in these post. Is there a solution? Hard reset to factory settings?

looking forward for reactions

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi,

When you disconnect the charger both from AC and battery for 5 minutes and then plug it into AC, are any of the lights turning on?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
jaapg avatar image jaapg Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn’t do the job.

regards, Jaap

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

But are any of the lights turning on when you plug it into the AC?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
jaapg avatar image jaapg Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi, no it’s completely down.

0 Likes 0 ·
mporta71 avatar image
mporta71 answered ·

I had the same issue, update failed dozen of times.

I solved by turning off any Bluetooth device in the nearby. In my case, was my garmin watch which intermittently connect to phone to exchange data.

2 |3000

fosse avatar image
fosse answered ·

Also my ip67 stopped working after an upgrade just now. The lights stay off. (Also she does not pop up in my bluetooth any longer) Even after disconnecting for a few minutes. I have seen some others have the same issue.
Has a solution been found?

2 |3000

boris-kulikov avatar image
boris-kulikov answered ·

У меня такая же проблема с зарядным - обновление провалилось на 95% и больше никак не подключается не отображается. Что можно еще сделать?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi,

When the lights on the charger stay off after the update, the unit is broken. Please contact your seller to have it replaced.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic