question

jjm avatar image
jjm asked

Max cable length between devices?

Hello,

the plan is...

Smart Shunt and Blue Smart IP 22 connected to Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50 ...

What are the maximum cable length between the devices connected to Cerbo GX?

What are the maximum cable length between Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50?

Your answer will give me an idea where the Cerbo GX should be installed.
;-)

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
Jens

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

Cerbo GX and GX Touch uses HDMI for display and USB for the touchpanel. For HDMI +/- 15 meters is the maximum (depending on cable quality and interference). I believe USB has a maximum of 5 meters, but can be extended using powered USB extenders.

Honestly.. I bought a GX Touch.. Hooked it up for 5 minutes till I got VRM working, and it has been sitting in it's shipping box since then. You can live without it if you have permanent Internet access.

VE.Direct max. length is 10 meters.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jjm avatar image jjm commented ·

Hello Tozz,

Thats interesting...
That means, if I have a router on board and the internet access I can access to the data via a tablet.
Correct?

Question:How do I configure and connect the Cerbo GX to the internet without the GX touch?

Thanks

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

if you are in the diy scene : you can expand VE.Direct to more than 100m using a Max490 Adapter.

VE-Direct is just normal RS232.

Jens

2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

VE.Direct is NOT RS232! Do not present RS232 signal levels to a VE.Direct device.

VE.Direct is TTL 5V or TTL 3.3V for BMV / Smart shunt devices

0 Likes 0 ·
jjm avatar image jjm wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for your reply. That helps...
:-)

0 Likes 0 ·