question

zpschmidt avatar image
zpschmidt asked

Smartshunt says SoC going down on shore power

I have a Smartshunt installed on my camper with a 100 mAh lithium battery. When I plug the camper to 30 amp shore power, the SoC of the battery keeps decreasing and seems like the Smartshunt doesn't recognize I am connected to shore power. I double checked all wiring (everything that was going into the battery minus is now going into the Smartshunt minus) so I would expect it to recognize the load. The shore power is working as all my 110 appliances operate as expected. All the settings on the Smartshunt have been updated to reflect my lithium battery. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

So, how is the battery being charged? You say your battery is being depleted, even on shore power. Do you have a battery charger? Is it working? And how have you confirmed it is working?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zpschmidt avatar image zpschmidt commented ·

The battery is still be being partially charged from my solar controller, but not enough to keep up with consumption (as expected). I don't believe my battery is being charged from the shore power at all based on what I'm seeing through the Smartshunt. I just don't know why.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic