question

malolo avatar image
malolo asked

Multiplus disable charger also affect MPPT through cerbo GX?

Could anyone confirm this?

I have a few programable relays that I use to set the Multiplus in "disable charger" under certain conditions. But it appears to disable the MPPT's at the same time. The MPPT's remained at Float with 0 amps input down to 89% SOC. I still have to confirm that all re-bulk settings are at 0.1v. The differential was .3v when this was happening.

I was under the impression the the VE.Bus did not communicate with the VE.direct devices. ESS is not enabled. Does the Cerbo GX enable a communication bridge? This could be in the settings of the MPPT's, trying to help someone remotely making this a bit more difficult.

Thanks for the help!!

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Malolo

what kind of batteries? and revolving from that: is DVCC on?

what charge state, what voltage, what charge settings, etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Hello,

In my installation you can also see exactly that the MPPT solar charge controller delivers exactly the current that the system needs.

Take a look at today's history: https://www.zoomsoft.de/grafana

At the moment the batteries are still at 86% SOC. The MPPT solar charge controller charges the batteries (bulk). As soon as the batteries are at 99% and the voltage rises to 14.2V, it is switched to absorption. Then after two hours on float.

The Smart Shunt forwards its measurement data to the MPPT solar charge controller via VE.Smart Network.

The multiplus usually uses the battery voltage to calculate the SOC. If a Smart Shunt and a Cerbo GX are available, the SOC is forwarded by the Cerbo GX from the Smart Shunt to the Multiplus. The calculation of the SmartShunt is much more precise because it calculates the incoming and outgoing currents.

The settings in the SmartShunt are complex and must be set very precisely so that it can calculate very precise data.

I hope I was able to help you and I understood your question correctly. If you still need support with the parameters of the SmartShunt, please ask.

greetings

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources