question

tilapia avatar image
tilapia asked

Cerbo VE direct connections

The Cerbo GX has three (3) VE direct ports, but my catamaran has two separate battery banks, each with its own VE direct shunt. I also have two MPPT solar controllers, each with VE direct connections. Four (4) sources, but only 3 input ports. What are my options?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

quite simple: use an usb to ve-direct converter. The cerbo has some usb ports which can be used in the case.

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

justmurph avatar image
justmurph answered ·

And if you then run out of USB ports, you can use a USB hub with more VE.Direct to USB cables.

2 |3000

darek avatar image
darek answered ·

Hello All.
I have the same issue with running out port.

Can I use octo gx to expand the system.
I’m thinking to connect octo gx to cerbo gx.

But not sure it’s is possible to connect both unit.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

No, you can't use the Octo to expand another system.
If you need to connect more VE.Direct devices to the Cerbo, then you need to use VE.Direct - USB cables and use the USB ports on the Cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·