question

smart-marine avatar image
smart-marine asked

bms ve bus and cerbo gx with lifepo4

Hello i have an installation with a Multiplus 2000W-12V-80A, 4 lifepo4 160ah 12v, An MPPT 100/30, a Cerbo Gx, a VE bus BMS and A battery monitor.

Everything is working correct but my concern is how to see the information of the lithium batteries at the Cerbo. The BMS is connected in series with the same cable VEBUS from CERBO to Multi. Also the BMS is VEBUS how can i connect it to VECAN port? Now i have everything in working order except the LIfepo4 Batteries indication on the CERBO. Is there any other way to do that?

Thanks

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Smart marine,

unfortunately you can't connect the VE.Bus BMS to the Cerbo GX.

All what you can see in your GX device from the batteries is the battery information coming from your BMV, which is Battery voltage, current and if wired, temperature from an external temperature sensor.

The only way to see battery cell voltage and internal temperature is to use VictronConnect via bluetooth, provided you have the Smart Lithium Batteries.

Hope that helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.