question

crusher avatar image
crusher asked

I have a Multiplus 12/3000, 150/60 Mppt, Bmv 712 and Color Control GX. My question is I can connect the temp sensor that came with the multiplus but do I also need one for the BMV 712?

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered ·

Hi Crusher,

The BMV manual tells you following

The cable with integrated temperature sensor has to be purchased separately (part no: ASS000100000). This temperature sensor is not interchangeable with other Victron temperature sensors, as provided with Multis or battery chargers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Enabling DVCC in the CCGX (or other Venus device) allows one temperature sensor to be shared among all Victron charging devices. So, the Multi's temperature sensor should be all you need.

Note, if the CCGX goes down, then each device reverts to their own algorithms/temperature (if any).

Temperature compensation also depends on the type of battery and its BMS.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor