question

svalvasori avatar image
svalvasori asked

AC System Design

I've got a few Victron items on order (for a boat) and one of them is a Multiplus 12 | 3000 | 120. I'm installing this as part of an AC refresh, which will include moving from twin 120V 30A single phase inlets to a 120/240V 50A split phase. We have some favourite marinas that only provide a single 120V 30A dock outlet, which is why I've incorporated that into the design. This is AC only and doesn't show solar, Cerbo GX or the shunt, etc.

This is my first revision with the Victron in place, if you have a few minutes, please provide constructive criticism. Note, the contactor is there to provide higher capacity for switched loads running through the inverter and still allow all the features that the inverter provides to operate, such as power assist.

One of my questions is around circuit grounding for devices on the output side of the inverter (AC1 and AC2). As I've drawn it, there will be 2 ground busses - one before the inverter and one after. This is consistent with the schematics I've seen on the Victron site. I have seen other places where there is only one ground buss for everything - devices before and after the inverter share the same buss. Which is correct?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to assist!

international-eagle-ac-system-v1.png

schematics
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svalvasori avatar image svalvasori commented ·

I've made some changes to simplify the circuit and reduce the current capacity of the contactor (60A contactors are pricey!).international-eagle-ac-system-v2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html

This community is not the right place to ask for system designs. You should ask a local installer for help.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic