question

coldsweat avatar image
coldsweat asked

REC Active BMS relay for Contactor

I am setting up a LiFePO4 system for my boat. I am using a REC Active BMS connected to Cerbo GX, Multiplus Inverter/charger and Wakespeed regulator. While the CAN bus side of things seems to be working fine, I can't seem to get the BMS to send out anything via pin-4 so as to energize my Pre Charge module and thus my NO Contactor for my loads. My contactor works fine, as does the Pre Charge module, as when I apply 12v to the BMS input on the Pre Charge, my contactor closes. I have read the manual for the BMS and the Pre Charge several times at this point, and I can't see anything that addresses this. I have tried changing the voltage setting for the relay via the BMS control, and I can hear it latching, but nothing happens. Similarly, when I power on the BMS, I can hear it latching, but there is no measurable voltage apparent on any of the output wires in the harness. I have emailed REC and my reseller several times, and I haven't gotten any response, so I'm hoping maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

cerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ceriw avatar image
ceriw answered ·

most of the REC units have floating contacts for outputs, so you won't see any voltage on the terminal, just an open circuit or a closed circuit. What model do you have?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources