question

jeffw avatar image
jeffw asked

CCGX hardware problem detected #42

My Color Control GX (firmware v2.58) has been working flawlessly for a number of years but started beeping last night, with the notification "Hardware problem detected #42, storage is corrupted on this device". I have seen where others on these forums have indicated that it needs to be sent in for servicing, but have also seen a post where someone suggested they were able to do a file system check command (fsck) to repair the partition. So I am wondering if it might be possible to do this myself without sending the unit in to get serviced. I have experience with BSD but have never worked in Venus.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @JeffW

The official advice for this error is to send the unit to your dealer for warranty.

If you don't want to send the unit in due to potential system downtime while you wait, I would try to negotiate that with your dealer - it might be possible to reach some zero downtime compromise, for example a refundable collateral payment while you hold both units, until you return the faulty.

If you want to do something different (and against the advice) I would suggest opening a new question in the modifications space.

Note if you do attempt some other alternative fix yourself, if you then decide to go for warranty you will need to reverse any changes you make to the unit to the standard configuration before you open the warranty service request and return it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeffw avatar image
jeffw answered ·

Thanks Guy It should still be under warranty so will pursue the warranty replacement. I really appreciate your quick response. I am blown away, in fact, by the dedication and generosity of the Victron community.

2 |3000