question

akgentile1963 avatar image
akgentile1963 asked

TX port function on MPPT 15

Hello,

I am trying to interface the MPPT charger with a stand alone LCD screen, and I want the screen to control the flow of communications back and forth. In order to do this, I need to turn off the broadcast on the TX pin from the charger.

To do this, I have set register 0xED9E to 1. According to the protocol manual, in regards to this port mode, "When the charger receives a valid HEX frame, it will send a response before falling back to the mode as defined by this register." So once I set the register to 1 it should stay there.

What I am seeing is that once I turn the port off (set the register to 1), the broadcast from TX stops, but it only stays off until I send a command. Once I send a command to read the controller, I get the response, as expected, but then the broadcast starts again, and then I have to reset the register in order to stop the broadcast.

Can anyone explain why the TX port won't stay off? Also, the firmware of this device is 1.16.

Thanks

AKG

communication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic