question

thebest-21 avatar image
thebest-21 asked

Cerbo GX dont show remote console button

After installing the Cerbo GX and connecting via Bluetooth i can see the device in the Victron connect App. But the last piont in the Device, which offers the possibility to open the remote console is missing. Firmware is v2.56

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Have you set up the networking for the CerboGX? Does it have a vadlid IP address next to the Remote Console button?
The Remote Console works over the network / WiFi, it does not work over Bluetooth.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd answered ·

theBest21, FWIW I too had a cerbo just arrive a few days ago and struggled getting things to work as described in the manual. I too had ver 2.56 firmware. I read in the manual where it was advisable for first time connect , use an ethernet cable and direct connect to your internet portal.

When I did this I had previously set up on one of the setup screens to auto update. The cerbo started the firmware update on its own. I tried to connect Wi-Fi again and had some problems still (There is another issue with the Cerbo antenna placements described elsewhere). I will resolve that issue later.

I continued to try things while ethernet connected and was able to get the remote console working. I know I have more to learn but now feel like i am not spinning my wheels. Give that a try.

2 |3000

tozz avatar image
tozz answered ·

Remote Console is disabled by default. You need to manually enable it :

Settings -> Remote Console -> Enable on VRM

and if you'd like:

Settings -> Remote Console -> Enable on LAN

Remote Console doesn't work over bluetooth. Only over IP (WiFi/Ethernet cable) and over the VRM portal.

2 |3000

vir avatar image
vir answered ·

if remote console is disabled, how can you access settings to enable it please?

i assume one method is VRM, but is their another way?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It can’t be disabled.
0 Likes 0 ·
vir avatar image
vir answered ·

remote console is disabled on LAN. can i enable it without access to VRM?

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@VIR

Type "venus.local" in a browser tab. It won't be disabled, but if that doesn't access it then there's something wrong with your LAN.

0 Likes 0 ·
vir avatar image
vir answered ·

LAN works fine with mobile phone and cerbo on same local subnet. the error comes from Victron Connect App after you rotate your screen to landscape. the error code states it is disabled.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

You can’t connect to it via VC app. That is only for initial configuration via bluetooth.

If you click on the link it will open the remote console via the wifi/LAN connection of the device running VC.

This is quite well documented in the cerbo manual.

0 Likes 0 ·