question

drewgarth avatar image
drewgarth asked

Using BMV-702 relay for low voltage disconnect

Hi Folks,

I am trying to get some form of low voltage disconnect working utilising the BMV-702 relay (or CCGX for that matter....)

Importantly however i want to put a "delay" in place so that if i switch the kettle on and the voltage dips, it doesnt suddenly shut off power.

I have the relay set up as "inverted", so that it is normally closed.

I have the "minimum closed time" set to 1 minute; and

I have the Relay-Off delay set to one minute.

However as soon as the voltage dips below the trigger point, the rely instantly goes to Open.

Unfortunately i suspect that min closed time, is exactly that.....once the relay closes again it will take (in my case) 1 minute to go open again; I think the logic doesn't quite work when inverted.

At the moment i am using the relay on my multiplus, including programming the delay with the assistant. the trouble is that if i toggle the power on my multiplus, it then triggers the relay and trips the low voltage disconnect as well. Hence i am trying to use the BMV relay.

thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts!

BMV Battery MonitorRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
drewgarth avatar image
drewgarth answered ·

Bump :) i would welcome any thoughts thanks :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic