Cerbo 2.63

SmartShunt500

It all works with the HTML5 App

Now I want to configure it working via VECan

When I look in the Axiom > Network I see a

- Cerbo

- Unknown n2k device SmartShunt 500A

- Unkonwn n2k device SmartShunt 500A/50mV 0000501

The Service battery Volt-Amp-SOC-TimeLeft are displayed correctly but the Starter battery does not show.

I am aware of these topics, but I need some advice how to change the data instances in the Cerbo

1616773801970.png

cerbo gxVE.CanNMEA 2000 - N2K
1616773801970.png (18.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

You should not need too change any data instances, if the battery starter voltage is on the second input of the Smart Shunt.

Have you told the Axiom that you have two batteries. It is in the system settings somewhere, not at my Axiom so cant oroivide any more guidance than that.

The only time you may need to modify the data instance is when you have multiple Smart Shunts and/or BMVs

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Buijs - NL avatar image Peter Buijs - NL commented ·

@Bathnm Now that I have told the Axiom that I have 2 batteries all the values of the SmartShunt are shown over the VECan<>NMEA2000 interface

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm Peter Buijs - NL commented ·

No problems. It caught me out for a while. Raymarine was really great at helping find the issue. I was trying to see 4 different batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ bathnm commented ·

Hi Peter (or Mark ofcourse) do you have a photo or other explanation of where to set that up in the Raymarine?

Sounds like we should add it here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-raymarine#nmea_2000

0 Likes 0 ·
pepe1395 avatar image pepe1395 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader

In order to setup the number of batteries, you have select in the home screen Settings,

screenshot001.png

then Boat details

screenshot002.png

and scroll down until you reach the field Num of batteries.

screenshot003.png

That's it.

Ciao!

0 Likes 0 ·
screenshot001.png (360.7 KiB)
screenshot002.png (108.0 KiB)
screenshot003.png (88.3 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic