question

zofo58 avatar image
zofo58 asked

Smart Battery Protect

I connected a Battery Protect 100A incorrectly and it burned up. I connected the IN to the positive busbar and the OUT to the negative busbar thinking this represented the loads.

I have ordered another smart 200A and don't want to make the same mistake.

I am going to connect the IN directly to the battery and I am not sure whether to connect the OUT to the Positive or Negative busbar. Looking at the wire colour coding in the manual, I am thinking it should go to the positive busbar. Both busbars are connected directly to the positive and negative terminals of the battery and the negative connection has a smart shunt.

I would appreciate guidance on this from your wisdom.

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
zofo58 avatar image
zofo58 answered ·

Thank you very much Michel, that is really helpful.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Zofo58, in the picture you can see how I did connect the Smart Protect. Basically, the right side is the "input +" gets the power from the MPPT, and connects to the battery bank. You can see two cables connected there.

The left side is the "output +" side, which goes to your bus bar. The negative is connected with the blue cable and is connected through the green connector.

I hope this will help you.

Michel

20200624-172627.jpg

2 |3000