I have Victrons 100|50 - bluetooth - MPPT charge controller, and - also bluetooth - shunt.
The charge controller goes in to float every day, even though the batteries are not fully charged (as seen in the app). I had expected the charge controller would only go in to float mode when the batteries are fully charged. Was my understanding wrong, or what is going on?
I have three 140Ah batteries connected in parallel if it matters.
Edit: 100| 50 not 150|50.
- 4 x 120W panels connecting in series, giving 480W at about 80-90v.
- 3 x 140W Varta batteries (https://www.amazon.es/Varta-Professional-Leisure-Battery-930140080/dp/B0068M8WZY)
- Victron SmartSolar 100|50 MPPT charge controller
- Victron SmartShunt
- The Charge controller and shunt are linked via bluetooth on a network.
- Smart shunt:
- battery capacity is set to 420 Ah
- charged voltage: 13.2v
- discharge floor: 50%
- Charge controller
- absorption voltage: 14.7v
- float voltage: 13.8v
- equalization voltage: 16.2v