question

bomadsen avatar image
bomadsen asked

Cerbo GX/ GX Touch UI

Hi,

I just completed a test assembly of the DC system for my new camper van (Multiplus, SmartShunt, SmartSolar charger, Cerbo GX, GX Touch), and I am not sure that I fully understand the Touch GX UI.

I have only been able to access to "screens", the graphical overview screen that is featured in all marketing material and a text based list of devices/options.

I was unable to "activate" anything on the graphical screen, that is nothing happened when I tried to push the icons representing the different devices...is that correct?

Also, are there really only the one graphical screen? no graphs/trends for parameters etc?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @BoMadsen,

there is no feature to activate anything from the graphical screen - except that you can switch for example a generator on/off. All other settings/information come from the Device List.

You can swipe left/right on the graphical screen, which will give you a bit more information, depending on settings and installation.

Graphs/Trends you'll get on VRM, when you connect your GX device to the Internet.

Hope that helps.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bomadsen avatar image bomadsen commented ·

Thank you Stefanie for the quick answer :)

Although not quite the answer I had hoped for. To be honest I was expecting a bit more from the kit.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ bomadsen commented ·

Sorry that the kit did not fulfil your expectations. But trust me please, it's an awesome device and I don't know of any other brand that delivers such a great functionality. And with a bit of knowledge you get all the information you're looking for.

Example Graphs/Trends. There are several ways to collect and display all information:

• Via VRM
  • Via VictronConnect
  • Via Venus-Docker-Grafana
  • Via Signal K - InfluxDB - Grafana
  • Via Node-RED Dashboard
  • Via HomeAssistant

Just to name a few.

0 Likes 0 ·