question

ovidiu avatar image
ovidiu asked

AC-coupled PV 3-phase with pylontech

Hi,

I'm currently design my ac coupled system (without grid):

-3x10kW fronius symo (1pcs with data manager and 2 pcs light version)

-3xquatro 48/10000 for 3 phase config

-4x4banks US2000-2.4kWh pylontech battery bank (4pcs 48V parallel for 1 conection / 4 connections in total)

-Venus GX control

My questions are:

1. For Fronius inverter, it's a must to have datamanager on each inverter? Or I can use solar.net protocol with 1 master with datamanager and 2 slaves.

2. Can I use quatro inverter to charge the battery bank when I have power from Fronius inverters? Or, do I need MPPT DC coupled system mandatory to change the battery bank?

3. Concerning CAN bus from Venus GX device, will be possible to communicate to all 16 battery module? Or I need another device (in this case, which one)?

4. also, will be a problem if, in the instalation site, we have no internet connection; for commisioning we will have temporaly internet connection, of course, but with week signal.

My design principle was starting from schematic below:1616326440587.png

Thank you for your answer.

AC PV Coupling
1616326440587.png (3.0 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

Hello!

1) You only need one datamanager in order to see the 3 fronius inverrters on your Venus.

2) The Fronius will chare the batteries through the Quattro, but you also need an MPPT as a backup in the case of low battery switch off. The Fronius will not be able to charge the batteries in that case. So the MPPT will help the system to wake up and the the Fronius will join in.

3) With the CANBUS you will be able to see all 16 modules ( i am not 100% sure about this)

4) About the internet loss, I think you will still be ok, as long as all the devices are connected on the same switch with specific IP addresses. My system in the case of internet disconnection, is still able to see the Fronius and everything works fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Eduard avatar image
Eduard answered ·

2. Quatro's can do the charging, but you must always have a DC hub on systems like this.

3. You need a Pylontech hub to communicate properly.

4. Will never run this site without communications, you have to get a coms solution.

2 |3000