question

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd asked

Communication Options?

Hello, I am building a DIY LiFePo4 Battery (x4) for our sailboat. There are 4 specific locations of the batteries on the boat. The batteries will be 200 aH each and eventually get tied together in parallel. I am using a REC BMS for each battery which is a Victron Communications compatible BMS. I am using a BMV 712 battery monitor, 2 Victron Smart MPPT 100/30 Solar controllers, and Orion 12/30 B2B charger. I will add a stand alone Victron charging source of a 3000/12 Multiplus inverter/charger and or a dedicated Victron charger. What are my options and or advantages for using the CAN Bus or VE bus or Cerbo GX (with touch screen) to control the charging and monitoring of the system of 4 separate LFP batteries?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

If you tie them together in parallel, as per your description, it will be one battery bank!

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @CabezonBD

Talk to REC what kind of solutions they offer, they have systems for multiple CMU's but I don't know if these work with Victron.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.