question

JB Hughes avatar image
JB Hughes asked

New install, no power after updating with MK3- Multiplus 12v/3000

New install in an RV with lithium batteries, all lights were on and working. Inverter was working properly. I got a MK3 dongle to be able to program the charge parameters for the lithium battery bank, and after doing so and updating all firmware and uploading settings, now I have no lights in the Multiplus and the inverter won't power up. Voltage measured at the terminals on the inverter checks out good. I suspect that my computer is being recognized as a virtual switch and it is waiting for a signal to power on, but now I can't connect to the inverter because it is off. Is there a way to do a "hard reset" or "trick" the unit into turning on?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerMK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What batteries do you have?

Installing the FW again should reset all settings to default.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JB Hughes avatar image
JB Hughes answered ·

I have 3x 200Ah KS2 lithium batteries with built in BMS. They disconnect the charge side at 13.6v so I need to reduce the charge voltage from the Multiplus. How do I install the FW if I can't power up the inverter?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Try to use VEflash an go through the update process like normal.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

0 Likes 0 ·