question

bricki avatar image
bricki asked

Where to get replacement Terminal block for Cerbo GX

Dear All,

does anyone know, where to buy those terminal blocks for the Cerbo GX? Victron doesn‘t show them on their products website and I don‘t know if this is a standard product or propriety from the chinese manufacturer Wanjie.

29034b12-3ef3-4d41-8b3c-dff86ee58987.jpeg

Thanks

Peter

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
We have hundreds of them. Ask any installer or distributor. We’re on the southern tip of Africa otherwise I’d pop one over to you.
0 Likes 0 ·
12 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It looks very similar to the Phoenix Contact DFMC series.
I have not tried this myself, but maybe the Phoenix Contact part 1790124 will work?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bricki avatar image bricki commented ·

Indeed... Thanks for your reseach. Still not easy to get and rather expensive (around 5 Euro) but possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
mike4nl avatar image mike4nl mike4nl commented ·

Phoenix DFMC 1,5/ 4-ST-3,5

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all,

In cases like this, please ask your dealer/distributor. In many cases they’ll have them themselves, and if not they can ask our Service department, in NL, who have these, and many other common loose items in stock.

Thanks, Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ps. I’ll be so frank to accept my own answer. And if you don’t know who your dealer is then you can ask any other dealer and/or use the Support request form on our website.
0 Likes 0 ·
inverterservicecenter avatar image inverterservicecenter commented ·
If your in the US contact Inverter Service Center at 800-621-1271. We are a Victron Distributor and Service Center and can get you some sent out!
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Ask your distributor, often there are some connectors etc. laying around :)

2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

Where are you? I will post.

2 |3000

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

I had a problem that pushing the feral into the terminal block can bend the spring contacts, when this happens you may not be able to remove the wire and the contact pressure to the inserted wire is not sufficient to make reliable contact. The connector then needs to be replaced! As has been stated Victron does not seem to stock these terminal blocks as a replacement part!

I'm not sure if the WANJIE brand Terminal block (supplied with the Cerbo GX Product) has a problem? or it's just a wire installation procedure issue that can be easily solved by opening the spring contacts with a small flat-bladed screwdriver and then installing the wire/feral?

Either way, I would highly recommend that the operating instructions in all the Victron device manuals using these spring Terminal Blocks products should have the wire installation method changed.

"Do not force the wire/feral into the spring contacts, open the contacts first with a screwdriver push to the associate spring actuator and then insert the wire/feral to prevent damage to the connector."

It would seem the supplied Cerbo Terminal Blocks for the digital inputs, tank inputs and tank are 8-way WANJIE WJ15EDGKNH-3.5 https://www.china-wj.com/En/product_detail/id/557.html which as has been pointed out is probably a copy of a Phoenix Contact DFMC series 1790166 (at least I think this is the correct one).

I found the 8-way connector on my local Element14/Farnnel electronics in Australia.

https://au.element14.com/phoenix-contact/dfmc-1-5-8-st-3-5/terminal-block-pluggable-8pos/dp/2315005

If Victron are not stocking replacement Terminal Blocks for their products, the part numbers and a list of world distributors would be much appreciated, or even letting all the distributors know where the replacement parts can be located.

And please add an installation warning/procedure, as any damage to terminal blocks is a major customer/installer problem especially to any product where the terminal block is soldered to the product.

2 |3000

todd-w avatar image
todd-w answered ·

Any luck finding these replacement terminal blocks? I cannot locate anywhere and would rather not buy a new unit just for the blocks. Thanks

4 comments
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
Warwick, Todd - it may sound ridiculous, but I can send from SA. We have a box full of them. Happy to send 10 or 20?
1 Like 1 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
Thanks @warwick

I don't really need any myself, I am just curious to find out if the Phoenix part is compatible or not.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Oh yes, right.
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
The global chip shortage (which isn't limited to just silicon) is causing havoc with supply.

My sources have been out of stock for ages.
Current projections for availability are now March time for the Phoenix part. Then I'll get one in to test it.

0 Likes 0 ·
looknow12 avatar image
looknow12 answered ·

I need the modular block for the relay section. Did we ever confirm this? The plugs seem to be two rows of connectors and the relay area is a single row, I believe.

2 |3000

kowalski avatar image
kowalski answered ·

Hello, I am in need ;( As it turned out, I think I need a set of BLOCK terminals (all 5 plugs are lost, probably thrown away) together with the box. Europe/POLSKA/Gliwice

2 |3000

tgrimmett avatar image
tgrimmett answered ·

FYI, for anyone in the USA, you can order them from this Digi-Key website. The other Digi-Key website in the discussion thread was in the EU and they don't ship to the States.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/phoenix-contact/1790124/2743738

2 |3000

iradinc avatar image
iradinc answered ·

I too have misplaced my connector package and in need of both the Wanjie WJ15EDGKNH connector and the connectors for the Relays (which has not been discussed here from what I have seen). My local distributor says he is unable to help as is the unresponsive Amazon seller I originally purchased the Cerbo GX from. Can anyone help? Tom / Stuart, FL

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, who is that seller?

Please use the support request page on our website. Most distributors will have such connectors, and if not them then I know 100% we have it in Almere The Netherlands in a box, and can easily send a package directly to you. best is to go through the support request page for that

0 Likes 0 ·
colins avatar image
colins answered ·

We keep a small stock of these so if anyone is in need, please reach out to us and we'll do our best to get you sorted. We're in the UK but happy to post out. (OGH Energy Solutions Ltd) colin@offgridhappy.com

2 |3000

darren-green avatar image
darren-green answered ·

I got the 4 pin sensor/input/output blocks from Mouser, Phoenix Connect 1790124. Not the cheapest when you add delivery, but the part fits. (Yes, I know it has 8 pins really, but it Victron and Phoenix call it a 4 pin, I'm sure there is a really good reason for this logic :))

Mouser also do the Wurth 691352710003 relay blocks, but plenty on eBay, much cheaper, "5.08mm Plug In Pluggable Terminal Block & Closed Open Headers Connector"

2 |3000