question

Steve Radcliffe avatar image
Steve Radcliffe asked

Mains Detector with Multiplus 12 / 1600 / 70 in a Vehicle Installation

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a load of Victron gear in the UK, including a Multiplus 12/1600/70 (the newer, rounded plastic shelled one) and a VE.Bus BMS, the latter of which came with a mains detector dongle.
I plan on being able to connect the multiplus to 'shore' power when it's available.

Does my multiplus need the mains detector to be fitted? I've read that the Multiplus II doesn't need it, but can't find anything about my version. I was under the impression that the system already had a way of detecting if the mains was connected or not.

Any help would be greatly received.

Steve

img-20210310-105551.jpgimg-20210312-104356.jpg

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Steve Radcliffe,

the exception is for the MultiPlus II models. Your 12/1600/70 is not a MultiPlus II, even with the new housing and you would still need the AC Mains detector if you use the VE.Bus BMS to restart the MultiPlus if it has been switched off by the BMS due to low voltage.

Also important: don't forget to install the VE.Bus BMS assistant with VE.Configure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic