question

aasgardvidar avatar image
aasgardvidar asked

When is Victron updating the Display interface of the GX touch 50?

I love the Victron products, but watching the display makes me sad. It reminds me of the first color screen phones, or a super old computer. And then you look at the Simarine interface with black background modern and lovely looking interface.

Any update in the near future to get rid of these Stone Age square boxes with the dotted lines?

firmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

As something of an interesting and possibly apocryphal anecdote;

After the transition of the interface from VE.net blue power control to the first versions of Venus OS on the CCGX, which was very similar but the addition of color.

cleanshot-2021-03-11-at-194159.jpg

cleanshot-2021-03-11-at-194222.jpg

An end user saw how things could be better, took the initiative and using the open source code and strong supportive developer community that has formed around Victron's software and created the current design.

cleanshot-2021-03-11-at-194256.jpg

Their designs and implementation was so good that they got hired by Victron and are now responsible for certain key components of the software development.

Perhaps there is still an opportunity to improve it still, @Kevin Windrem, @Rob Duthie and others are already very active making improvements to the user interface for their specific tastes and applications.

As for an internal redesign using the current team, it would not be possible without adding further delays to other much requested features that don't even exist yet, so while I have no say in the matter, I don't think it will be a priority for a little while yet.

Unless someone rises to the design challenge that is.... ;)

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic