question

sprollonis avatar image
sprollonis asked

Bluetooth Dongle Firmware update not possible - does not show old Firmware version

Hi,

I'm using the bluetooth dongle together with my mppt 75/15 in my RV. Worked fine until November last year.

Reactivating the RV last week, every Victron component asked for update (BMV, Battery etc.) Despite Blutooth dongle updates worked fine.

Was not able to update the bluetooth dongle. Bluetooth- connection looks good, update stops at 10 to 34%.

It's strange, that dongle does not show the former version number.

Tried all recommanded error handling methods - dongle does not work. Also clear button do not work.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for help

Sprollonis

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

To be clear: What do you mean that the dongle does not work? Do you mean that the update fails every time?

If so, do you also have the possibility to test with a different phone to see if that gives a different result?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
sprollonis avatar image
sprollonis answered ·

Hi Thiemo,

I've tried with my Samsung S9 and with my Huawei Pad. Same result. Update stuck at 10% to 34%. Other updates (Battery and BMC) worked fine.

It's strange, that dongle does not show the former version number and does not react on pushing the clear button. I bought it in 2017 from Victrons Amazon-Shop. Do I still have warranty on the dongle?

Kind regards

Sprollonis

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

It is not really strange that it does not show the former version number, as it does not know the number anymore. This is normal behavior for Victron products after a failed firmware update.

Regarding the warranty:
Victron products have a 5 year limited warranty. To apply for this warranty, you should contact your distributor. If you do not know the distributor, you can search for a different one using this site: https://www.victronenergy.com/support

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
sprollonis avatar image sprollonis Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Hi Thiemo,

I made it working now.

I tried again to load the firmware with my old Smartphone Samsung S6 using Android 7. Update loaded new Firmware to the end and adapter works again.

After connecting to MPPT 75/15, there was request to update firmware for Solar regulator. Using my S9 (Android 10) update stucks again. Using S6 update worked fine.

What did you change?

Until last update last year, everything worked fine with my S9.

Kind regards Sprollonis

0 Likes 0 ·
sprollonis avatar image
sprollonis answered ·

Hi Thiemo,

thanks for your answer. Is there anything I could do in Addition before I will ask for warranty?

Sprollonis

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic