Good afternoon all!
Exciting times, a brand new version available to be field tested which has various improvements.
The most exciting one for me is that this adds an option to remotely update firmware for a VE.Bus system (MultiPlus, Quattros, etc). Which will be a tremendous time saver and helps to reduce travel and so forth in case a firmware update of the Inverter/chargers is needed. More information in the change-log below.
Next, there is nice fix for the HTML5 Marine Integration App. Anyone having Garmin, Raymarine or Navico MFDs, please test this and let us know if all works well. We tested on our setups, but we don't have all variants in screen size to our disposal.
The timeline for this release is that I'm hoping to get it all done and over with before April. Lets see how far we get with that.
This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.
Changelog v2.65~1, ~2 and ~3
HTML5 App / Marine MFD Integration
- Improve scaling on high resolution displays: no longer show a small box in the middle and nothing around it; instead use the full screensize.
Remote firmware updates
- Add Remote firmware updating for products connected with VE.Bus: Multis, Quattros and Inverters. Note that this is a brand new feature; and still being tested. We very much encourage you testing it as well; but then make sure do it only when (a) you're right next to the system to restart/reconfigure it in case necessary and (b) are familiar with MK3s, VEConfigure, VictronConnect and other tools and knowledge to reconfigure your inverter in case necessary. Details here.
- Various improvements, and increase baudrate for MPPT RS updates from 19200 to 115200.
Managed batteries / DVCC / CAN-bus BMS:
- Add user configurable maximum charge voltage override. This feature is for managed batteries such as Pylontech, BYD, Freedomwon, MG and others that are connected via CAN-bus. Normally, the battery controls the charge voltage. For newly installed batteries, there can be so much imbalance that its necessary to slowly charge them to prevent cell-overvoltage shutdowns. That is what this new setting is for: allow installers to efficiently take matters into their own hands when necessary. Right from the GX Device, no need to open VEConfigure and/or reconfigure the Solar Chargers. We do recommend to disable this setting again once everything runs normally, typically after a few days. There is a screenshot below, that shows the setting.
- Improve the recently added CAN-bus network statistics for the Cerbo GX; in some cases the error and dropped counters increased while they shouldn't. No more.
- Force enable DVCC for BYD BBox-L and BYD Premium batteries
- Sort the Device list, nice for large systems! It will remain sorted also when new devices are connected while already running. Thank you @audiether for helping in this!
- Add feature to remove a Disconnected device: in case there are disconnected devices, the option to remove them is visible at the bottom.
- In the device-list, show the irradiation for the IMT meters, so its no longer required to go into the menu to see it.
- Improve showing of inverter/charger "AC-in ignore" status, and move them to the submenu called Advanced; requires VE.Bus firmware 475 or later.
- Change the default of the Adaptive brightness setting to "on". This will only affect newly produced Cerbo GX-es.
- Improve stability on overloaded systems
- Fix various translations
PV Inverter monitoring
- Improve serial number and firmware version display. For Fronius, now the inverter firmware and the datamanager firmware are reported, rather than inverter only.
- Better handle Fronius datamanagers that are slow in response due to having many PV Inverters connected to them
MPPT RS & Inverter RS
- various improvements, both in the VE.Can driver, the VE.Direct driver as well as other related parts. But still not everything is included nor tested. I'll add a complete list of changes once its all in and tested.
- Show warning "#49 Grid meter not found" when in case ESS is configured to work with a grid meter, while no grid meter is available.
- Improve how the VRM device instance number is obtained. This fixes VRM instance renumbering occurring sometimes for products such as Solar chargers or BMVs when connected via USB.
- Transmit the status of the DVCC user configurable voltage- and current-limits, for support purposes.
- Update Ignore AC input status source
- Add register for the new DVCC max charge voltage setting
- Fix registers for the inverter/charger Ignore AC-status
That is all for now, for any regressions (= things that used to work but no longer work since this new version) and also any other possible bugs, welcome to post as an Answer below.
Have a good day! Matthijs
Ps. Various screenshots of the new functionality:
New user configurable max charge voltage override
IMT Irradiance information in the Device List
Ignore AC input status
Multi or Quattro showing in the FW Update List
First "Are you sure?" popup when updating a Multi or Quattro