question

jan-boskemper avatar image
jan-boskemper asked

Cerbo GX WiFi/Bluetooth connection not working

A couple of month ago I installed a Cerbo GX to monitor my Multiplus 24/3000/70.

Everything worked fine. I setup the system using WiFi with a 4G router.

I now added a MPPT 150/35 and a Smart Shunt to the system.

During the installation I switched the whole system off (220V and 24V)

MPTT and Smart Shunt are connected via VE-Direct cables.

After switching on the Colour Control unit showed the MPTT and started using the Smart Shunt for Battery monitoring.

However the WiFi connection does not work any more.

In the setup menu of WiFi I switch the "Create Access Point"on.

The entry "WiFi"netwerken shows "Geen WiFi adapter aangesloten. The Wifi router is up and running.

I tried to connect to the Cerbo GX via Bluetooth, but also that connection fails.

In the Cerbo GX setup menu Bluetooth is "On

The WiFi light on the Cerbo Gx unit is blinking, the Bluetooth light is "Off"

Switching on/off or removing power from the Cerbo GX does not help.

Cerbo GX software version: v2.63

Any suggestions how to get this working?

Thanks in advance

Jan Boskemper

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Try to boot with the previous firmware.

Also try the WiFi reset button.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jan-boskemper avatar image
jan-boskemper answered ·

Reboot on previous software version not making any changes.

Issue stays the same

Pressing the WiFi reset button restarts the Cerbo GX, but no changes in the WiFi settings.

WiFi light on unit itself flashing Green. Bluetooth light stays off.

Tried to find Cerbo GX Wifi network venus-HQ2033K2W5N-3fd. It does not appear in my list

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jan Boskemper

3 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Contact the seller.

0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image michelg seb71 commented ·

Hi Jan ! It should appear as "einstein". Try connecting using the App Connect on your mobile, and from it rebuild manually the configuration. It may have some data corrupted, and try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
jan-boskemper avatar image jan-boskemper michelg commented ·

Michel,

The Cerbo GX doesnot appear in the device list of Victron Connect..

For some reason the Bluetooth in te Cerbo GX does not switch while this in the menu enabled. (blue led on the device is off)

regards

Jan Boskemper

0 Likes 0 ·
Arne Parneby avatar image
Arne Parneby answered ·

In your first post you write Colour Control, do you have both a Cerbo and a CC connected to your system?

2 |3000

pyroman175 avatar image
pyroman175 answered ·

Would love to here the fix because mine is now doing the exact same thing tried rebooting several times and even installed previous firmware with no luck

2 |3000

averynarrowjourney avatar image
averynarrowjourney answered ·

Yes please keep me updated on any suggestions as I have similar issues with Bluetooth and WiFi connections. Everything worked fine for a while left the boat for a few days, tried unsuccessfully to log in an number of times and on my return experience similar issues

2 |3000

Wayne avatar image
Wayne answered ·

I was having the same issue, tried loading previous firmware, same result.

I did a factory reset in the end. If you do make sure you disconnect everything from the Cerbo and follow the procedure exactly.

received-255528116661525.jpeg

2 |3000

agiesche avatar image
agiesche answered ·

I am having the same issue - cerbo was working fine and connected to my wifi. A few days ago (no changes to anything else) the wifi disconnected and the cerbo is “offline”. I can’t access it via Bluetooth connection either and that button flashes (does not appear in the list of devices in the app). I tried resetting the wifi and powering off. No results. Can’t access it on the remote console because there’s no working Bluetooth connection either. When I open the victron app I sometimes see a notice that there is #R3 error. Is downloading the firmware onto an SD card really the only solution people have tried that works? What about reinstalling the victron app?

2 |3000