question

nicolet avatar image
nicolet asked

My SmartShunt shot up from 61% to 100%?!

I have a smartshunt in my connected to my 105Amp hour lithium battery. This morning, I checked the battery percentage and it was on 61% as I had been testing out my new fridge overnight. 5 hours later, it has been sitting in the shade with no way to charge the battery, I check it and it is suddenly on 100%. I do not understand how this is possible and it makes me feel uncomfortable that the smart shunt is not reliable and may be giving me false readings.

Why did it do this? Please help!

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The main reason for this would be that the charged voltage setting would have been reached, you may have this set to low, so please check your battery settings and check what this is set to

ie if itss et to 13.4 volts as a example then as soon as this voltage is reached and the tail current is reach then it resets the soc to 100%

as you had low amps because of shade the charge current would also have been low.

hope this is of help

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nicolet avatar image nicolet commented ·

Thank you very much for the feedback. I had it set to 13.2 volts as was recommended in the smart shunt manual. Doing some further research shows it should be at 13.8v so I will be changing it to that.

Thanks you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic