question

camkelly avatar image
camkelly asked

Fuse connecting MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller to batteries in lynx distributor

I have a Victron MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller and I’m trying to fuse it in my victron lynx distributor before if connects to the battery. I cannot find a 30 amp MEGA fuse to connect fuse the solar charge controller at the lynx distributor. Is there such a thing as a 30 amp mega fuse because I cannot find one or what should I do to fuse this solar charge controller properly at the lynx distributor?

MPPT Controllersfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Camkelly,

you can use a 40A mega fuse. They should be widely available.

AFAIK this is the smallest size for mega fuses. See also: Littelfuse High Current Fuses Datasheet

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

And make sure you use the biggest cross section wires you can fit into solar charger's terminals (16 mm2 in your case) between the Solar charger and the Lynx distributor.

From the Lynx distributor to the battery, you should use wires with at least the same cross section as those used for the inverter (and a bigger fuse).

Also a third fuse for the wire from the Lynx distributor to the inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual