question

philippe avatar image
philippe asked

VictronConnect inconsistency when updating firmware

Hi

I noticed today a inconsistency between de version on IOS and MacOS.

• VictronConnect v5.36 (iOS v14.3- iPhone 8)
  • VictronConnect v5.38 (MacOS Big Sur v11.2 - Macbook Pro)
  • VE.Bus SmartDongle
  • Venus GX v2.63

Connected on the iOS, the app mention for the VE.Bus Smart Dongle the firmware v1.08 (this is the latest version)

Connected on the MacOS, the app mention an new version v1.09, and when I run the update, it crashes with a B4 and there is no longer a firmware. (I missed to take a screenshot)

So needed to make the update on the iOS from version none to v1.08

I hope I provided enough information to analyse.

screenshot-2021-02-18-at-191331.pngsmartdongle.jpg

VictronConnectVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Philippe,
it could be a simple issue of bad signal: did you try remain closer to the dongle? Or otherwise tried to do the update again?

please do, and if it fails, make a service report and post that here as an attachment.

How to make a service report is explained in the manual.

sorry for the troubles! Firmware updating should work flawlessly.

Good weekend, Matthijs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philippe avatar image
philippe answered ·

Today, the both version of the VictronConnect has the update to the v1.09, but the MacOS still crashes for the update. And I'm with both just next to the device.

So the inconsistency between the 2 versions of tha app disappeared but not the update as such. Lest close it for the time being and if it happens again, I will document.screenshot-2021-02-20-at-125140.png

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ok!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic