question

crash avatar image
crash asked

Configure MultiPlus Battery Setup & Charger

I have a MultiPlus system which I can't setup the charger on because of the blasted password.

Telsa Batterys have got a specific charge requierment, the paramenters I want to use are in the Multiplus are min 21.5v to start charging the batterys off landside power and shutdown of charging from landside at 23.75v, leaving the rest for the solar array to charge to full capacity.

But in Victrons wisdom you can't get access to those paramenters because they are protected by a password and if you know anything about Tesla batterys, 25.2v & above is dangerous which could lead to them exploding. Victron needs to at least release the charger parameters from behind the password so people changing out battery banks can atleast setup the correct charge parameters for the batterys.

What would also be useful is allowing the MultiPlus to know when it should use landside power vs. island power. So if you are connected to landside power (Caravan Park or House) , it will only connect once the SOC reaches say 30% instead of it's there I will use it feature. Especially if trying to avoid bills from a third party when you have a 90% SOC which you could use instead.

Isolating these features makes no sense, even more so if you move around and the landside power is always changing from Grid to Genset for instance.

I want someone at Victron to read this and understand normal people who know, really need access to those parameters so they can setup batterys, gensets & grid to run with there Multiplus.

What I really need now, is the password so I can go in & change the charger to ideal settings for my batteries also set when it should connect and charge from the grid. I have the Mk3 to USB ready to make those changes once I can get access.

Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersetup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

If you mean the VictronConnect inverter settings password, that is in the manual (password is zzz).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can also just use VE.config instead of VictronConnect.
VE.config don't ask for a password and have more settings (and the assistants).

2 |3000

crash avatar image
crash answered ·

thanks for the reply from both members, I have been over the book multiple times the password is not there for Victron Connect. Until seb71 came to the rescue.

Now everything has been setup. When battery gets to SOC 20% switchs to on grid / genset power & it will only charge to SOC 70%, then back into island mode by design leaving the rest to the 6x 350w solar panels which is working well. Maybe able to decrease that, even get away from using grid / genset all together with with another 6x 400w panels connected which are now on order.

2 |3000