question

hibrn8 avatar image
hibrn8 asked

what settings do I use for these results on my IP65 24|8 ?

what settings do i need to use to get these results? I am lucky if i get 10Ah charged in a day

victron-demo.jpg

BMV Battery Monitorbattery capacity
victron-demo.jpg (205.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

What battery do you have and what are your settings?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hibrn8 avatar image
hibrn8 answered ·

I have 2 x 12V 75Ah batteries (so 24v 75Ah system for my mobility scooter). I need the full 75Ah each day. I have tried the charge presets on Normal and High, both at an 8A charge rate

11 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Lead acid, LiFePO4, something else?

0 Likes 0 ·
hibrn8 avatar image hibrn8 seb71 commented ·

Sorry, AGM’s, deep cycle

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 hibrn8 commented ·

You can't use the full capacity from AGM.

At most 50%. And even less if discharged at high rate,

0 Likes 0 ·

They are made for a deep level of discharge though. As for the charger, i am getting maybe 10Ah a day charge. As per the demo pic, they are recharging 70 to 80Ah easily. These batteries were new a month ago and are getting discharged more and more each day as this charger can’t keep up. My scooter with a 50km range gets 8-10kms then i have to push it home

0 Likes 0 ·

50% is deep level of discharge for lead acid batteries.

You can discharge them more, but they will lose capacity faster.

Since they are AGM, do not use any "reconditioning" mode on them.

What is the voltage when discharged (after some rest)?

How long do you charge them?

0 Likes 0 ·

the voltage after "discharge" is around 25v i think. They are only ever taken off charge when being used. As soon as i'm home again they go back on charge

0 Likes 0 ·

25V should be about 70% SOC.

0 Likes 0 ·

Do you know how to program these chargers to get the amp hours up? Using the “normal“ settings i am lucky to charge 2 or 3Ah in a completed cycle

0 Likes 0 ·

Normal profile should be fine for AGM, but if you want, try to find the charging specifications for your batteries from their manufacturer.

0 Likes 0 ·

hi Seb, normal is pointless, i get a few Ah's from a charge and that's it which is why i'm desperate to find out these magical settings shown in the demo pic i posted. I have gone back to using my old scooter charger which so far, out performs this Victron charger :(

0 Likes 0 ·

Measure with a multimeter (while charging) the voltage the old charger is using.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic