question

ronnie-verhoeven avatar image
ronnie-verhoeven asked

MPPT Monitoring on Venus GX

I have two solar arrays, one facing the north and one array facing the west. Each have its own Blue Solar 150/85 MPPT. The two are daisy chained to the Venus via the VE Can bus. On the Venus I see only one MPPT but can see out of the stats that the Venus is controlling both and accumilate the power generated.

How can I configure my system to display the MPPT's seperately but keep the ext control active. I have tried to change the instance on one of the units but then one keeps displaying HUB-1 while the other unit then show standard info. I have also tried to connect each one directly to the Venus but then one unit shows HUB-1 and the other loses external control.

Thank you

MPPT ControllersESSVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bonie-wanda avatar image
bonie-wanda answered ·

Hi. I don’t know if I understood your enquiry correctly. Anyway I also have 2x MPPTs and each with its own cable (I think it’s VE Direct) to the Venus.

They are separately listed on the Venus Device List, although they are combined on the power/current flow diagram.

c24f7458-308d-424c-9c1d-e23cc21e5387.jpeg

64e93548-4473-43aa-9532-503d3f669608.jpeg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ronnie-verhoeven avatar image
ronnie-verhoeven answered ·

Dear Boni-wanda,

Thanks for your reply, you understand my question and I would like to achieve the same as your picture indicate. Maybe it is because I use Ve-can or having Pylon batteries with its BMS controlling the system via the venus gx.

2 |3000