question

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus asked

Pylontech US3000C Charging Characteristics

Good day all,

It is my first time installing a 3000C pylontech battery, and the charge curve looks very different to the US2000B I have installed before. The settings are all correct and the device is happy, the only thing I can think of is that the battery BMS is not asking for current, which is different to my us2000B installation...

Any one else seen this? I assume it is normal as the system works flawlessly, just very odd.

1612791932679.png

1612792019299.png

Side note- I did use a type A cable and not a type B cable as per the updated Can bus communication report

battery chargingPylontech
1612791932679.png (54.7 KiB)
1612792019299.png (33.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
checkit avatar image
checkit answered ·

@EwaldErasmus I am seeing the same behaviour with my two US3000C batteries. As soon as the batteries start discharging the charge current limit changes to 74A. When the batteries reach 100% SOC the charge current limit drops to zero - indicating that they will not accept any more current. Seems totally normal to me. The US3000C batteries are probably not running on the same firmware as the US2000's.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

@CheckIT

Thank you very much! As long as Im not alone then im happy.

Please change your comment to an answer so I can mark it as correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @EwaldErasmus

A new battery needs to be kept fully charged until this doesn't happen anymore, this way the battery can balance properly. after it is fully balanced, this behavior should not re-occur.

2 comments
2 |3000

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi @daniel

Thank you, the battery has been on charge/connected to the system for over a week and a half and still doing that.

The SOC says 100% and has been at that continuously.

We experienced some loadshedding last week and the batteries were drained to 75% and charged up again and the same charge cycle continues.

I haven't seen many people post about the 3000C models, Could it be a charging characteristic which is unique to these 3000C's?

Regards Ewald

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ewalderasmus commented ·

You should ask that question Pylontech not Victron.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic