question

tony avatar image
tony asked

setup MPPT 150/100

hi guys ive recently purchased a smart solar MPPT VE.Can 150/100

when i first wired it up it had 110V on the array and system voltage was set for 48v the batteries were sitting at 50.5v but no current flowing even tho the bulk charge light was on

i took it back to local agent who tested it on a 24v system as they didn't have an array big enough or enough batteries to setup for 48v system

it worked perfectly

when i got it home i just changed system voltage back to 48v and there is no current flowing

so i retested it here with 110v on the PV array and system voltage at 12v and on one battery and it worked

i then retested it at 24v system voltage with 2 batteries & on same array and it worked

but doesn't work on 48V system

has any one else had this issue

running firmware V3.02

MPPT Controllerssetup
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Tony, do you first connect the battery bank to the MPPT ? As it recognizes the voltage to use this way. Connect the batteries, then the solar PVs.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Ask your Victron dealer to test it with a 48V battery. The MPPT might be defective.

1 comment
2 |3000

raftoda avatar image
raftoda answered ·

What was your outcome to this? I also have the same issue

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual