question

Ingo avatar image
Ingo asked

Fronius Primo GEN24 Plus integration?

For the Victron guys:

I see that the Fronius Primo GEN24 Plus will be available in 2021. Has there been any integration testing done on this unit and is it something to consider over the current Primo models? My plan is to add a PV Inverter sometime this year so I might as well go for the new GEN24 unit if it has been certified by Victron. I won't use the Battery connection feature but I like the Active Cooling as my kit is in a warm environment already.

Quattro/VenusGX/Smart Solar Charger/LiFePO4 CAN Battery.

1611645401074.png

SE_DS_Fronius_Primo_GEN24_Plus_EN.pdf

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
alan avatar image
alan answered ·

The current Primo’s use active cooling as well, the new Gen24’s just have an improved cooling design.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

transfersolar avatar image
transfersolar answered ·

How did you go with the GEN24 inverter? Any issues with AC-coupling?

1 comment
2 |3000

Frank avatar image Frank commented ·
I have a large Quattro four 10Kw Inverters and want to add the Fronius Gen24 with Battery storage Has anyone done this ?

And yes the 4 Quattros are 48 volt and have already 130kwh lithium storage

0 Likes 0 ·
h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

If your Fronius Gen24 does not show in VRM

The solution is to configure SunSpec support on the PV-inverter.

In the Fronius Gen24

API needs to have been Selected

• Communication
  • Go to the Modbus tab
  • Set Data export via Modbus to tcp.
  • set Sunspec Model Type to int + SF
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic