question

jetwire avatar image
jetwire asked

L2 On Grid showing Negative power (2x Quattros Split Phase + AT)

SOLVED - (See comment below) I am having a strange issue on my new Victron Quattro setup. I am seeing a negative number on my grid current. The AC loads side is also incorrect. I am running 2 Quattros and an Autotransformer wired exactly per this guide: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/AT-4-stacked-inverter-2x120V-to-120-240V-with-2xQuattro-120V-REV-B.pdf

Any suggestions? I have connected the GND Relay, changed the dip switch and have confirmed it is switching the relay on the AT. Ground Relay is disabled in both Quattros

Everything works perfectly when Inverting. The AT is balancing L1 and L2 perfectly. This strange issue is only showing up on shore power.

The attached photo is with the main breaker off after the AT (No Loads)

screenshot-20210125-175107-chrome.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAutotransformersplit phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jetwire avatar image
jetwire answered ·

Happy to report that this has been solved. I was using a temporary battery bank to power the inverters to test the system. Once I installed my permanent batteries (6 Tesla Modules) everything is working perfect. The Autotransformer is doing it's job and balancing L1 and L2 perfectly on Shore and Battery! I suspect it's because the temporary battery bank was not grounded to the chassis on the negative terminal. Lesson learned!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.