question

karent avatar image
karent asked

State of Charge

We bought a used T@b400 with a victron 712 already installed. It does not seem that the state of charge is reading correctly. I shut off the battery and let it sit a few hours - the hand volt meter we are using says 14 volts which is similar to what the victron says for volts but the SOC is saying 27%.

The battery is a C235 so we did set the battery capacity at 235 instead of the default of 200 and we set the full charge V at 13.7

We are not able to see that any power is coming in to the batter either even on a sunny day- it does have the factory solar

We are a little lost with all the technical info on all this but it does not seem that the SOC Is correct or are we not testing that correctly? My husband is putting the volt meter on the leads going from the battery to the converter not directly on the battery - is that ok or should it be right on the battery like you read your car batter?

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lehrling avatar image
lehrling answered ·

What is a T@b400?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

karent avatar image karent commented ·

An RV trailer

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

First thing to do should be a full charge cycle to synchronize the BMV to 100%.
(with sore power for a few hours)

If you don't see current goning into/out of the bettery at the BMV it is maybe not wired correctly.

1 comment
2 |3000

karent avatar image karent commented ·

So it had been plugged in to shore power before I shut off the batter. It has been plugged in most of the time since we got it a couple weeks ago and the battery has been in the on position until I just shut it off. We don't have anything on either and I flipped the refrigerator circuit breaker off since I had heard it still draws even if set to 0.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic