question

alan-baker avatar image
alan-baker asked

Smart Battery Protect - Programs

I have the Smart Battery Protect in my system in my motorhome which also comprises of:

3 x 110ah AGM batteries - 2 x 270w panels - MPPT smart solar controller - smart battery protect - 500w inverter - 40a charger -

I have two questions I cannot find awnsers to anywhere:

1) what does "under voltage restart" mean/do in the program settings for the second value. Eg. 10.5/12V

2) What program should I use to protect my batteries The default cut-off of 10.5V seems far too low from everything I am reading.

All advice greatly appreciated I am pulling my hair out here!

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The restart Voltage is the Voltage level at which the Smart Battery Protect will reconnect after disconnecting.
So, if the setting is 10.5V / 12.0V then it will disconnect at 10.5V and it will not reconnect again until the battery Voltgae goes above 12.0V.

If you think that the disconnect Voltage is too low, then you can choose a different preset, or use the "User defined" option from withing the drop-down menu to tailor your own parameters.

10.5V might be a good setting if that Voltage level is reached with the battery under heavy load. If you only have a light load then you might want to raise this disconnect level.
Also consult the documentation for your batteries to get the manufacturers recommendations.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.