question

xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs asked

Node-Red Battery temperatures

I currently sense two battery temperatures using Wemos D1 Mini and send the data over MQTT.

Is it possible for Node-Red (large-image running on the Rpi) to write these temperatures to the GX part as Battery Temp 1 and Battery Temp 2 instead of using and ADC?

Node-Red can read from a temperature sensor (there is a node for that) but can it write values?

Thanks.

Node-REDmodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi. Indeed not possible at the moment. It was discussed, and for sure would be cool; but needs someone to go and develop that

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

(A node that will instantiate a new dbus service with configurable name and paths)

0 Likes 0 ·
xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

I guess that's a No then :-(

2 |3000

Rene Mullie avatar image
Rene Mullie answered ·

I use OpenHab to integrate and controll my Victron setup over Mqtt, also other sensors on ESP32 board over Mqtt. Nice GUI in HABpanel. Lots of possibilities to create rules and calculate virtual parameters/items to do anyting you want ;-) !

2 |3000

Related Resources

Webinar Part 1 - Intro to Node-Red

Webinar Part 2- Basic Palettes

Webinar Part 3 - Advanced example

Node Red Community Space (normally hidden)

Venus OS Large (Node-RED) manual

Victron Node-RED github readme

Victron Node-RED custom nodes docs

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.